Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Wonder Woman (2017)

On an island hidden from the rest of the world, a tribe of Amazons live in peace but train in the skills of fighting for the inevitable return of man or more specifically, the god Ares who destroyed the Gods of Olympus. But when a WWI American pilot's (Chris Pine) plane crashes near their shores, the daughter (Gal Gadot) of the Amazon Queen (Connie Nielsen) returns with him to war torn Europe to fulfill her destiny. Based on the DC comics character created by William Moulton Marston in 1942 and directed by Patty Jenkins (MONSTER). I was disappointed. I was expecting something special but what I got was a DC comic book movie. What did I expect you might ask. What indeed? I quite enjoyed the film's mythological beginning but once we get to London, it's business as usual and by the time we get to the spectacular CGI battles at the end, I literally could not stop yawning! I enjoyed seeing a woman hero not dependent on her sexuality to lure men to their doom and the enormously appealing Gal Gadot makes up for the enormously unappealing Chris Pine (or was it Chris Evans or Chris Pratt?). I enjoyed it well enough for what it was but I won't be lining up for any sequels as I suspect this is probably going to be the apex of the franchise. The end title sequence was awesome though! With Robin Wright, David Thewlis, Danny Huston, Lucy Davis and Elena Anaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment