Search This Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (2017)

When her just turned 18 year old niece (Diamond White) goes to an all night Halloween party at a lake campsite where some teenagers were murdered several years prior, Aunt Madea (Tyler Perry) and her  brother (also Tyler Perry) and her two friends (Cassi Davis, Patrice Lovely) drive out to see if they're okay. Written and directed by Tyler Perry. Perry keeps churning out these low budget Madea movies and people keep going to see them. I'd never seen a Madea movie and I figured if I ever was, this horror comedy would be pretty painless. It's totally lame and the first part of the film with the father (also Perry) fighting with his ex-wife (Taja V. Simpson) over the raising of their daughter is a real drag. Once they get to the lake sequence it picks up considerably but never rises to anything above lame. Perry gives nods to TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and FRIDAY THE 13TH, but as a horror comedy this isn't even on the level of an ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEETS (fill in the Universal monster) comedy. I could count the times I laughed on one hand but at least I did laugh. The ending is predictable (I saw it coming) and dumb. Okay, seen a Madea movie, been there, done that, now I can cross it off my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment