Search This Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour (2023)

A documentation of Taylor Swift's Eras Tour, reputedly the highest grossing concert tour of all time and it's still not finished, a second leg is expected in 2024. Directed by Sam Wrench, Swift bypassed a studio distribution deal and in a daring move, she made a direct deal with AMC theatres thus cutting out the middle man and leaving a higher profit margin for her. Clearly I'm not the demographic for a movie like this but I had a great time at it. Amazing sets and lighting, special effects, choreography by Mandy Moore (LALA LAND), excellent cinematography by Brett Turnbull and a high powered energetic performance by Swift. I'll never buy a Taylor Swift album but seeing her perform, you can see why she has such a dedicated fan base. The audience was a bit rowdier than usual but I found the little girls running up to the screen and dancing in front of it kind of cute. The songs might not be great but they're catchy and performed with vitality and sass. Indeed, if I were fifty years younger, I could totally see myself becoming a Swiftie!

No comments:

Post a Comment