Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2018

Night Train To Paris (1964)

A former American OSS officer (Leslie Nielsen) now living in London is approached by a beautiful woman (Alizia Gur) who says she's a friend of another OSS officer (Hugh Latimore) who served with him during WWII. There is a top secret tape that must be smuggled into Paris and the only available means of transportation (it's New Year's Eve) is a night train taking skiers across the channel. But even before the train leaves London, there are two murders and they won't be the last. Directed by the actor turned director Robert Douglas (he was the villain in FLAME AND THE ARROW). Although shot in London, this B movie was clearly intended as a second feature on a double bill. I suppose as a warm up to the main feature, it's tolerable but it feels like a TV episode from THE MAN FROM UNCLE or I SPY. I'm a pushover for thrillers and mysteries set on trains so it held my interest but I doubt others would be so accepting. With Eric Pohlmann as the most inept assassin I've ever seen outside of a comedy, Dorinda Stevens, Edina Ronay and Andre Maranne.

No comments:

Post a Comment