Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Digger (2026)

An aging oil magnate (Tom Crise) extracts oil from Greeland and Alaska. But he repeatedly ignores warnings about the methane beneath the Greenland field. He learns that an explosion in the Greenland fields have dislodged an ice shelf the size of Maryland, sending it to Europe where it will cause a massive tsunami. Directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (BIRDMAN). Reviews haven't been middling, they've either been praises or pans and not much in between. Certainly a polarizing film. I LOVED IT! Original, daring, quirky, topical, provocative and anchored by a career best performance by Tom Cruise. I suspect posterity will be very kind to this movie in the ensuing years. A black comedy with a razor's edge pitched with high energy. No subtlety here, just a raging stylized frontal attack. I think Warner Brothers miscalculated only in that this is an art house film, not a mainstream movie and that's exactly how they're pitching it. The multiplex crowd are bound to be disappointed. With John Goodman, Sandra Huller, Jesse Plemons, Michael Stuhlbarg, Riz Ahmed and Sophie Wilde.

No comments:

Post a Comment