An engaged couple (Zendaya, Robert Pattinson) are having drinks with their best man (Mamoudou Athie) and maid of honor (Alana Haim) when they all play a game of "What's the worst thing you ever did?". When the bride to be tells of the worst thing she ever did, it throws their relationship into chaos and their future is clouded. Written and directed by Kristofer Borgli (DREAM SCENARIO). The film has been described as a dark romantic comedy but I didn't it funny at all, just deeply disturbing. Which doesn't mean I didn't like it, I did. But I found almost all the characters messed up (except for Mamoudou Athie) including Pattinson's bridegroom who comes across as creepy from the very start and he only gets worse as he unravels. The film builds in its intensity until all explodes at the wedding. Alas, director Borgli fumbles in the last ten minutes when he gives us a conventional (and highly inappropriate) romcom ending which makes a mockery of everything that preceded it. With Hailey Benton Gates and Sydney Lemmon.
No comments:
Post a Comment